CrossFit Kova – CrossFit
5 minute: Coach guided demonstration of Crossover symmetry
Accumulate 30 cals of ski erg, arms only Assault bike, straight leg hinge only row.
Hold a :30 plank after every 10 calories
10 Floor bench with 20kg/15kg plate at tempo of 4 seconds down, 3 second pause at the lockout
3-5 skin the cats (assistance as needed – remove the return portion if too challenging)
Select 3 Crossover symmetry exercises from the chart and complete 2 sets of 8 of each one.
• The class will be divided into two groups and will swap to the other component once they have completed the one they started on.
Then all together on alternate stations:
EMOM 6 mins
Odd: 10 -15 kipping ring rows
Even: Pec trigger or roll /Chest stretch/pec trigger or roll
Bench Press (10-8-6-4)
Rest 2-3 Mins between sets
• The bench press is designed to be as heavy as possible, however ensure completed sets
• Take note of your strength numbers as we will be building on this bench press in the coming weeks
• Ensure you have spotters on hand just in case you have miss judged your weight selection or you’re not totally comfortable with this movement under load yet.
Metcon (No Measure)
20 sec max calories on assault bike
• Walk around for 1:40 or until everyone in your group has completed their sprint. Rest no less than 1:40
• The aim here is to achieve an all out sprint. Start by pedalling as fast as you can to start and increase your push and pull speed so you have totally maxed out by the :20 mark.
• Note: This exercise will have no effect on your fitness if you do not bring intensity!!!